Oklahoma Charitable Clinic Association was incorporated as a non-profit state membership association in March 2011. As early as 2004, there was interest in forming a statewide organization to network free clinics; however, it was not until the fall of 2010 that key individuals were in place to complete the incorporation process. Through the assistance of Mark Cruise from Free Clinic Solutions of Tampa, FL, a team of individuals worked to complete important steps to incorporate as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a mission to develop and strengthen Oklahoma’s charitable clinics and to collaborate to improve the health of vulnerable Oklahomans.
Our organizational goals include:
- To create an effective statewide network of charitable clinics.
- To network within the membership and the broader health care community.
- To educate members by providing information, training, technical assistance, new clinic support, and professional development opportunities.
- To advocate for the needs of patients and charitable clinics with policymakers, funders, stakeholders, and the general public.
- To support improvements in the quality, availability, and timeliness of appropriate and culturally competent services by charitable clinics.
Board of Directors
CHAIR: Jeanean Yanish Jones, PhD(c), MA, CFRE, Health Alliance for the Uninsured
TREASURER: Jennifer Richardson, Butterfield Memorial Foundation
Laura Gutierrez, D-Dent
Melody Denton, Faith Clinic
Lana Ivy, Community Volunteer
Diana Webber, OU Health Sciences
Janet Cordell, Enid Clinic
Kim Corcoran, INTEGRIS Health
Pam Timmons, Hough Ear Institute